Thursday, April 26, 2012

Recipe: Choco truffles by Del Monte

Lately, I've been fascinated watching drama series online, since I spent most of my precious  and idle time on the web.


I recently finished watching the 11 episodes of Hungry, a Japanese drama. The title says it all -- it is clearly about food. Making an outstanding dish. Quite first class.

One thing that catches my attention though is the truffles worth $200,000 (correct me if I'm wrong), which I find overtly expensive. Exaggerated as it is. But then I'd thought maybe the authentic Belgian chocolate made it high-priced or just naturally OISHI (means delicious in Japanese)

So I looked for another way in much more sooner. And I found this recipe, again from Del Monte. 


You will need. . .
2 3/4 cups   graham cracker crumbs
    1/2 cup    cocoa powder
    1/2 cup    condensed milk
1         pack  Del Monte Fruit Salad Cream (125 ml) 
    1/4 cup    butter, melted
1         can    Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail with Passion Fruit juice, well drained
    1/4 cup    sugar
    1/4 cup    roasted cashew nuts, chooped


For coating. . . 
25   grams   milk chocolate bar
1/2 cup        butter
1     pack      mini marsmallow (optional)


How you do it. . . 
  • Combine graham crumbs, cocoa, and Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Mix until fruits are coated. 
  • Add remaining ingredients, except coating, and mix well. Form into 1 tablespoon balls, place on tray, then freeze for 15 minutes.
  • Coating: In a double boiler over low flame, melt chocolate with butter. Using tong, dip each ball in chocolate and put in paper cups. Sprinkle with marshmallow if desired. Chill to set.
Makes 40 pcs
Cost: Php 241.10 per recipe ( Php 6.05 per piece)


This summer make choco truffles with your kids (at home) -- in a low-priced.


* Happy Eating! *

2 comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner